5 surprising economic facts :
- Unemployment rate : 5.5% (1st term 2016).
- 44% of the working people work in industry.
- 74.6% of the working people aged between 15 and 64 have a job (compared to 61.2% for other same-sized towns).
- The highest productive base per inhabitant among the 220 town communities in France : 32%. The average of the French towns is 15.8% (figures from the ‘Assemblée des Communautés de France’).
- A diversified industry : food-processing, electronics, plastics industry, boilermaking industry, fine leather craft, cosmetics chemistry….
- Demographic progress : 1.6% per year
- Under 20 year-old teenagers : 28.6% (middle-sized towns study)
- Average gross pay per person : 2,130 € (source URSSAF) ; the second after Rennes based on 18 employment zones in Brittany.
- Among the 220 town communities, Vitré Communauté is ranked second on the weakest social inequality levels.
- Families having allocations : RSA/AAH/API : 12.30% (20.40% in average – middle-sized towns).
Positive social indicators:
Collective values and citizenship :
- Blood donor rate 50¨% higher than the national rate
- Fiscal awareness : one of the best results in Brittany
- A very developed voluntary work : 120 voluntary workers aged between 60 and 85 years-old pass their expertise to children. Security is undertaken by voluntary fire fighters who protect 80,000 inhabitants.
- A-level results : 98.23% of the students passed (General & Technology A-Level)
- Embracing other cultures : 8 twinned cities on 3 continents for Vitré only.
Settling in Vitré Communauté
Lodging, travel, study … Find all the information for your installation.