What it was possible to do in Vitré Communauté
A life of luxury !
Dive into a world of castles for a few hours and visit the medieval city of Vitré and its fortified castle before making a detour via the 17th century to the world of Madame de Sévigné.
Spending a week-end with the family
If you are coming to Vitré for a 2 or 3-day visit, you will discover plenty of activities for everyone and for any age.
Sports and outdoor leisures
If you enjoy outdoor activities and natural space, Le ‘Pays de Vitré is for you with :
– The Rochers Golf course (18 holes) in a wooded park very close to Madame de Sévigné’s castle.
– The ‘base de loisirs de Haute Vilaine’ with its many activities both on the land (biking, fitness …) and on the water (rowing, dinghy, stand-up paddling…).
– 56 hiking courses through bocage and lakes
– Horse-riding in Châteaubourg, Vitré, Saint M’Hervé or Rannée. You can also visit the educational farm of ‘La Haute Hairie’.
– Donkey-riding with ‘Azalane and Ecolodge – La Belle Verte’
– The ‘Jardin des Arts’ in Châteaubourg with huge sculptures in a beautiful park and also in the town.
Brittany is a land of festivals. There are also many in Vitré all year long : Don Jigi Fest, cabaret Jazz, Danse Danse Danse, Les Sportiviales……and also the artistic programme of the Centre Culturel Jacques Duhamel.
There are 3 swimming pools to welcome you in Vitré, Argentré-du-Plessis and La Guerche-de-Bretagne. You can swim, learn how to swim and relax.
‘La Piscine du Bocage’ in Vitré has a recreational pool with a huge slide, whirlpool baths, a paddling pool in a large space full of natural light. There are two indoor pools measuring 25 metres long. 5 and 6 lanes are devoted to swimmers. You can also enjoy the many other activities : aquaerobics, aquabike, antenatal gymnastics, 2 saunas, 1 hammam, a hydrotherapy pool with a cool water lane.
Outdoor, 2 solariums are at your disposal. Children can also make the most of the pool outside with a beach with the 4 lane ‘pentagliss’.
‘La base de loisirs de Haute Vilaine’ offers you many outdoor activities you can enjoy in groups or alone. You can rent equipment to practise windsurfing, stand-up paddling, catamaran, canoeing, rowing….It is possible to have private lessons.
Arts and culture
They are lucky !
Cultural events are numerous all year long for people living in Vitré and the area : festivals, plays, concerts, fest noz, ….
3 different sites are dedicated to art :
– ‘L’artothèque’ is a gallery in the heart of Vitré. It is unique in the area and provides 1,100 pieces of contemporary art and shows works from well-known artists.
– ‘Le Jardin des arts’ shows huge works of art from May to October in a beautiful park and in town (corporate sponsorship)
– ‘La Maison des Cultures du Monde’ and the ‘Centre Français du Patrimoine Culturel Immatériel’ .
Culture and inheritance are connected. That is why guided visits, conferences, unusual visits (with candles for example) are organised all year long by the ‘Musée de la Ville’ department.
Spend a great time at the Festival "Talk to me about humor" this summer, every Friday in Vitré from July 20 to August 17 ... surprising and quirky artists will offer you the funniest of shows ...!
This place is dedicated to the discovery of Brittany. When you arrive in Brittany, you can stop there and get information and ideas for your holidays.
‘La Maison Accueil Bretagne’ is a space dedicated to 3 places : Brittany, Rennes, ‘Les Portes de la Bretagne’ and ‘Le Pays de Vitré’. You can have access 7 days a week from 7 am to 11 pm. Thanks to videos, touch screens and images, you can get information. People from ‘Vitré Communauté’ are at your disposal during the summer time to give you more information on events and places to visit. There is also a restaurant ‘Arthur et Malo’ and a shop ‘City Breizh’ with typical products from Brittany.
‘La Région Bretagne’, Rennes, Fougères and ‘La Roche-aux-Fées’ are partners of Vitré Communauté within ‘La Maison Accueil Bretagne’ and offer activities for tourists for the next season.
Lodging, travel, study … Find all the information for your installation.